Friday, September 9, 2016

A Letter to my Daughter on her first day of Preschool


Dear sweet child of mine,

Today you start your first week of preschool.  Today we drop you off for the very first time with someone else in someone else's care and walk away. I have been with you side-by-side almost every day of your 2 1/2 years of life. I've watched you grow into a strong, smart, fun, intelligent,  adorable little girl and now I have to let you go into the world. You are going to learn so much sweet girl while you're away at school. There will be tears from mommy too, but know you will be ok. I am so excited for all that you are about to learn, the friends you're about to meet and the memories you're about to make. 


Even though you are so small I have a few words of wisdom for you. Well I'll go ahead and call them words of wisdom hopefully you see it that way. Lol


Never stop exploring the world through the wonder in your eyes. Pick up the bug, get messy, play in the dirt enjoy every nook and cranny that the world has to offer but stay safe 😉


Stay kind, you are such a sweet and loving little girl. Remember that when someone falls on the playground, put your hand out and help them. 


Be patient I know this is hard coming from mommy,  as you have seen firsthand how impatient I can be. Be as patient as possible let things happen around you and enjoy the moment. 


You are one of the most strong willed people I know and as difficult as it is for me to get you to eat your breakfast in the morning I hope you maintain that as you go out into the world. You  know exactly what you want and exactly when you want it.  That is a quality to be admired you have the ability to be a great leader and I can't wait to see how it develops in the future.


Today you gave me the biggest hug and told me you loved me. As  I walked away I saw your eyes look around on the playground wondering where I went. Mommy always comes back sweetheart, have so much fun today! I will miss you terribly and daddy and I will be counting down the hours until we get to pick you up. So have fun, relax and enjoy your new found freedom you're gonna love it!


Love you,
Xoxo
Mommy 

 photo http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54493_198_3B9A860E4AB8BA4D9B027EA4557992A3_zpspcmixpxt.png







No comments:

Post a Comment